- Which Helmets Classifies as “Cruiser Helmets”?
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Helmet
- Best Cruiser Motorcycle Helmets
- 10. Motorcycle Helmet by BELL Custom
- 9. Bagger Half Motorcycle Helmet
- 8. Covert Adult Motorcycle Helmet
- 7. Biltwell Open face Motorcycle Helmet
- 6. Noetec II Motorcycle helmet by Shoei
- 5. Street Motorcycle Helmet RAW by Shark
- 4. Rebel Warrior Half Motorcycle Helmet
- 3. Motorcycle Helmet full face by HJC helmets
- 2. T1 motorcycle helmet by TORC
- 1. Adult motorcycle helmet by Simpson
Are you planning on going on a long peaceful ride on your motorcycle? Or have you ever wondered about riding along the skyline while letting yourself lay back a little?
If not, then you should.
And if yes then you are quite in the right place so you must read this article. If you want to enjoy a peaceful cruising ride, then you should not forget safety gear! Yes, you aren’t stupid to forget that.
There is a famous quote by John Walter, and it goes like this: Life is too short, so enjoy it to the fullest!
And that is a really important thing to remember.
Once in their life, everyone needs a peaceful journey to enjoy their freedom by themselves so you too should go on a cruising ride around the beautiful places in your country!
Therefore, we’ve listed 10 of the all-time best cruiser motorcycle helmets you could ever wish for in this article for your comfort. But buying a helmet is never easy, and there are many things that matter when it comes to buying one, but our guides are always here to help you through that; you can check out our beginner’s helmet buying guide to guide you through your helmet buying journey.
Which Helmets Classifies as “Cruiser Helmets”?
Cruising is when you don’t ride for a purpose, but for your complete enjoyment; it is when you go for a long and peaceful excursion just to appreciate what is around you. And for appreciating the view along with ensuring your safety, you need safety gear that doesn’t restrict your vision or feels like a burden on your head; therefore, certain helmets can be classified as the best cruiser helmets.
When you go through this guide and read the product reviews of the ten best helmets for cruiser bikes mentioned in this article, you will realize that various types of helmets, from full face to open face to half helmets. What matters the most when it comes to cruiser helmets is the lightweight, great airflow, and unrestricted vision.
If you want to learn more about types of helmets, make sure to check out our ultimate guide of types of helmets 2021
Things to Consider Before Buying a Helmet
Before buying anything, the contemplation and hesitation from your side are normal because when we buy something, we are not only investing our money in it, but we also are expecting to have a long-lasting product that could help us. Buying a safety gear follows the same condition; it is very important to analyze every option before finalizing your choice on a single helmet. Following is the briefed out information about the few things you need to think about and analyze before buying a helmet (for cruising or not).
Safety comes first! There should be no compromise on your safety, so if you have a doubt about a helmet not being safe enough, immediately leave it aside and consider something else. Someone can easily determine the safety of a helmet through the certification it may have, for example, DOT safety standards certification.
If you are not comfortable while wearing your helmet, you will be inclined not to wear a helmet, which is extremely dangerous. Making sure that the safety gear is comfortable is important. The helmet shouldn’t cause suffocation and choking. Consider the helmets with high-quality inner padding and adjustable liner.
The weight of the helmet is a really important thing to consider because if the weight of the helmet is more than what your neck can handle, it can cause extreme harm. Look for a light weighted helmet that also has a strong and impact-absorbing outer shell.
Ventilation of a motorcycle helmet is the process that most times controls the temperature and humidity inside the helmet. You should consider helmets with good ventilation for fresh air-breathing and less sweating.
Last thing, but one the most important thing is the size of the helmet. Size is important because if it is smaller, then it will cause ultimate headache and muscle fatigue as well as the loss of concentration and if the size is too large, than there is a risk of the rider’s head crashing with the helmet itself if he is caught in an accident.
Sometimes the size of a helmet may differ from that of the standard sizing charts, so if you accidentally get the wrong size, please don’t compromise on it and demand an exchange or refund.
Best Cruiser Motorcycle Helmets
Motorcycle Helmets by BELL store are pretty famous in the market because of their quality and reliability. Their Custom 500 motorcycle helmet also has the privilege to count under those reliable helmets. It has an advanced ventilation system that keeps the interior cool and sweat-free during hot days. This helmet has a high-quality outer shell, which is composed of fiberglass, making it more valuable than plastic composite shell helmets.
It is DOT approved open face helmet and has a low profile look. It has an EPS liner, which makes it highly shock absorbing. This helmet is available in 5 different shell shapes and customizable and personalized EPS liner fitting. The interior is soft and comfortable, and it also has an antibacterial lining. There are five styles of face shields and visors available in the market for this helmet. The front open outlook of this helmet allows the rider to wear goggles or glasses while wearing the helmet. The face shield and visor of this helmet are detachable and customizable.
Other safety standards also approve it. This helmet is the best choice for those who are planning to buy a motorcycle helmet for off-road riding and cruisers.
- It is an open face helmet with maximum ventilation.
- The EPS liner can be personalized.
- The interior is antibacterial.
- The inner padding is soft and comfortable.
- It has a stylish look.
- Some users complained that the low profile look wasn’t too effective.
- The inner lining may be thin.
The bagger 568 half motorcycle helmet by LS2 is a multi-featured helmet. It has a high-quality fiberglass shell, which ultimately makes it demandable. It is light weighted. The interior of this helmet has a soft and comfortable liner. The inner lining is removable and washable, so it remains fresh as new and germ-free.
The visor in the front of the helmet is removable to protect the eyes from harsh sunlight. It is DOT approved. What is the most special about this helmet is the neck cover or skirt with a zip; this neck cover can help keep your neck warm during cold days and can be taken off during hot days.
Also Check: Motorcycle Helmets For Hot Weather
The neck skirt also has pockets in which you can put speakers from your MP3 player, and you can also hide wires from your player in that pocket. This half helmet has a standard ventilation system that keeps the inner part of the helmet cool. This helmet has a sleek design and is available in several colors.
- The interior is soft and comfortable.
- The neck cover has pockets for speakers and wires.
- The neck cover also has a zip and is removable.
- The fiberglass shell makes it strong.
- The interior remains germ-free and cool.
- Some users complained that ventilation doesn’t work as well.
- The size may vary from the standard sizing chart.
ScorpionExo Covert helmet is considered to be a hybrid of half face helmet and open face helmet. It comes with dual visors, one inner tinted sun visor, and another clear outer face shield; these both work together to protect the eyes and face. The sun visor is drop-down, and the face shield has an anti-fogging function. It has an advanced ventilation system that has two air inlets or air passageways to control the humidity and temperature of the inner part of the helmet.
Also Check: 6 Easy Tips to Stop Helmet Visor Fogging
This helmet consist of a high-quality LG polycarbonate shell, which makes this helmet a light weighted one. The chin bar that this helmet has is easy to strap on and is also removable; this chin bar keeps the chin part of the face protected. This helmet also features a front mask. The outer shell is composed of fiberglass and hence is strong and impact absorbing.
If you’re looking for a fashionable revolutionary helmet for your cruiser, the biking Scorpion Covert-X helmet is the best option for you. The brand ScorpionExo manufactures these helmets, specifically manufactures helmets with cool and badass appearance.
- The face shield provides a wide vision.
- The sun visor protects the eyes from harsh sunlight.
- It has a fashionable design.
- The front visor has an anti-fogging function.
- The front mask is easily removable.
- The shell of the helmet is strong and can absorb sudden impacts.
- It has a comfortable inner liner.
- The structure of the helmet may cause ears to push down.
- The stability of the chin bar may waver due to being removable.
- It has an in-mold ABS outer shell.
- The outer shell has a special hand-painted finish.
- It is approved by DOT safety standards.
- The interior has an EPS lining.
- The interior also has a removable, hand-sewn, brushed Lycra liner with open-cell foam padding.
- The neck strap has a steel-plated D-ring buckle.
Bonanza open face motorcycle helmet by Biltwell is considered to be one of the best helmets preferred by cruiser bikers. This helmet has high quality and strong construction. It has an integral molded ABS outer shell, which makes this helmet strong and resistant to exterior impacts. The inner part of the helmet has EPS lining along with a removable Lycra liner, which is hand-sewn and open-cell padding made of high-quality foam.
The outer shell is pretty stylish and has a special hand-painted look. It has a neck cover with straps, and those straps have D-ring steel adjustment. The neck strap is easily adjustable and can be removed quickly during unfortunate situations. It also has chrome or rubber accent edging. This helmet is DOT approved and even exceed their standards.
This helmet is available in different shapes and designs. This helmet has two visors, one being the face shield and the other sun visor. Both the visors protect the eyes and are easily retractable by snapping them off from the helmet. This helmet gives enough space to plug in your earphones. This helmet doesn’t have a low profile, but it has an attractive exterior, which gives a cool vibe.
- The outer shell is really strong against impacts.
- The exterior has a cool design.
- The inner padding is soft and has really high quality.
- The neck strap is easily adjustable.
- The inner padding is washable.
- Some buyers claimed that there is a lack of low profile look.
- The visors may fog up.
- It has an aerodynamic shell design.
- It has a double-layered EPS liner.
- It has a quick-release single-buttoned chinstrap.
- The ventilation system keeps the interior cool and moisture-free most times.
- It has a 360° pivot locking system.
- It has flip-up dual visors.
- It is light weighted.
The Noetec II Motorcycle Helmet by the brand Shoei is an advanced and better version of their Noetec helmets, which were first released in 2011; these helmets are approved by many bikers. This helmet has an aerodynamic shell design, which is specially made from Shoei brands shell forming technology, making this helmet one of the unique ones out there.
The interior of the helmet has a dual-layered EPS lining, which provides a shock and impacts absorbing function. The EPS liner also absorbs the moisture and keeps the inner part of the helmet dry. This helmet comes in four different shell sizes. The interior of this helmet has five liners, which increases the options for fitting and helps in providing a comfortable fit.
The front of the helmet has dual visors, one is the outer clear face shield, and the other is the inner tinted sun visor. Both the visors are retractable and have a special vortex generator, which reduces the noise distraction, cancels out any kind of sound, and also helps in keeping the airflow inside the helmet in control.
This helmet has a unique Shoei’s 360 degrees pivot locking system, which is composed of high-quality stainless steel, and hence it ensures a secure coverage of the head. It has a chin bar with a quick-release buckle, making it easy to unstrap during unfortunate events. The ventilation system is satisfactory with numerous air vents.
- The aerodynamic shell is engineered by Shoei’s shell forming technology.
- The EPS liner controls the humidity inside the helmet.
- Both the visors have a vortex generator.
- It has an advanced noise restricting function.
- The visors provide UV protection.
- It gives the rider a mushroom head look.
- The size of the helmet may differ from the sizing chart provided.
- It has an aerodynamic structure.
- It meets DOT safety standards.
- It has a quick-release goggle system.
- It is light weighted.
- It comes with a removable face mask.
- The interior is easy to fit different head shapes (only if the size is correct).
- Double lensed front visor.
The RAW street motorcycle helmet by the Shark brand has a Streetfighter inspired outlook. This helmet is light weighted, and it has a high-quality aerodynamic shell structure and design, which makes this helmet strong and impact resistant.
This helmet is certified by DOT safety standards, and hence it is a safe headgear for cruising. This helmet is reviewed by many users to be a comfortable and snuggly headgear. Goggles can be worn over the helmet, and it has a quick-release goggle system. It has a face mask that is easily removable. It has a very attractive design and a fashionable look. The Shark RAW helmet is available in various colors and multiple graphic designs.
It has double-paned tinted visors with an anti-fogging function. This helmet comes with a five-year warranty. The interior of the helmet is slightly narrow and is adjustable to different head sizes. The chin bar of this helmet also has sufficient foam padding, which makes it even more comfortable to wear and this chin bar also ensures the protection of the face from all sides.
- The inner padding is comfortable and soft.
- The goggles fit easily on the nose.
- The front visor has an anti-fogging function.
- It is available in different aesthetic graphics and colors.
- It has a sleek and fighter helmet look.
- This helmet has a five-year warranty.
- Chins bar also has padding.
- The padding on cheeks may feel too loose.
- There is no way to control the airflow inside the helmet.
- This helmet weighs about 2.2 pounds.
- It has a sun visor.
- The sun visor is retractable.
- Inner padding has an EPS liner.
- It has a chin bar that has a quick-release function.
- It is a DOT-certified half helmet.
- It has an easily adjustable fitting system.
- It also has a five-year warranty.
The Rebel warrior half motorcycle helmet is one of the best helmets manufactured by Vega Helmets Store. This helmet has a high-quality sun visor, which works as a barrier for the protection of eyes against harsh sunlight, dirt, rain, and wind, etc.
The sun visor has a drop-down function, which makes this helmet a versatile choice for riders. The inner part of the helmet is lined with EPS liner and moisture-absorbing foam lining, which keeps the interior sweat-free and dry. The inner EPS liner also enhances the ventilation system.
This half helmet meets and exceeds DOT safety standards. This helmet has a unique Size Adjustment system, which allows the rider to adjust the fitting of the helmet according to their liking and comfort. Smaller heads can easily adjust the helmet to their fit. Many users appreciated the comfort and quality of the interior of this helmet.
It has a chin bar, which also has padding; this chin bar can be easily unstrapped as it has a quick-release function. It is lightly weighted, which means that rider may not feel fatigued or discomfort while wearing it for long rides. This helmet is available in different solid colors, with each one giving it an extremely cool look.
This helmet is an ideal choice for riders who are looking to buy not only a comfortable but a stylish helmet too because this helmet has a high-quality design with minimum weight and an amazing interior.
- Sun visor protects the eyes from harsh sunlight.
- The EPS liner has a moisture-absorbing function.
- The chin bar also has padding.
- Due to its lightweight, this helmet doesn’t cause fatigue.
- This is an ideal choice for cruising.
- It is available in different attractive colors.
- The quick-release function of chinstrap may be difficult to function.
- The size of this helmet may vary for different head sizes.
- It has an advanced polycarbonate shell structure.
- This helmet meets and exceeds DOT testing.
- It has an aerodynamic exterior.
- It is light weighted.
- It has a CAD technology fitting system.
- It has an advanced channeling ventilation system (ACS).
- It has a face shield with the pin-lock system.
- The interior has a high-density EPS liner.
- The cheek padding is available in different sizes.
The full-face motorcycle helmet by HJC helmets is a good choice for cruising because of its strong structure. This helmet has an advanced polycarbonate and aerodynamic shell structure. It is light weighted. This helmet is engineered to be a comfortable fit through CAD technology. This helmet has a face shield with the pinlock system.
The face shield also has an anti-scratching function. The face also has a side lock system, which enables complete security and protection. The ventilation system of this helmet has advanced Channeling. The airflow channels are spread throughout the helmet, which helps in absorbing the moisture and reducing the heat inside the helmet. The front shield of this helmet also has a RapidFire replacement mechanism.
The inner part of the helmet has a moisture-wicking lining, which controls the temperature and humidity inside the helmet. The inner padding is soft and comfortable and is also removable and washable. The interior is also lined by the high-density EPS liner. The fabric of the inner padding is antibacterial. The cheek padding is available in various sizes so that the rider can choose whichever works for him.
This full-face helmet not only meets but also exceeds the DOT safety standards testing. This helmet has a chin bar, which has air vents to keep the fog away from the face shield. This helmet now features a 3D design that provides UV protection.
- This helmet doesn’t cause fatigue during long rides.
- The air vents keep the airflow sufficient inside the helmet.
- The face shield also has a RapidFire replacement system.
- The inner padding is comfortable and removable.
- The air vents are also present in the chin guarding bar.
- It has a 3D UV protecting design.
- There can be difficulty in handling the helmet while gloves on.
- There may not be any wind noise restriction.
- This is a retro and vintage designed helmet with advanced age features.
- It has DOT and FMVSS certifications.
- It has a tri-composite fiberglass shell.
- The ventilation system has two front intake air vents and four exhausts in the back.
- It has a removable face shield.
- The inner part has Faux Suede Liner and EPS liner.
- It has a chin bar with padding.
The T1 motorcycle helmet by TORC is known to be a vintage-style aesthetic helmet. Although this helmet features a retro-style look, it has amazingly advanced modern-day characteristics. It has a tri-composite fiberglass shell, which makes it even more valuable than those helmets which have simple fiberglass composite shell. This helmet has a great ventilation system featuring two air intake vents in the front of the helmet, which is slid open, and four exhaust vents in the back of the helmet.
This helmet meets the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 218 safety standards. This helmet has a removable face shield, and it’s removable wouldn’t require special tools. The face shield has an anti-scratching and anti-fogging function. It has a Faux Suede Liner in the inner part of the helmet. The inner part of the helmet also has an EPS liner, which provides the moisture-wicking function.
This helmet has a chin bar, which has padding and this padding makes it comfortable to wear. The chin bar is attached to the helmet through D-rings strap attachment. This helmet also has DOT certification. This helmet has it’s own unique retro style, which makes it valuable and one of the best-reviewed helmet in the helmet market.
- The face shield can be removed without any tools.
- The chin bar has a D-rings strap buckle.
- The EPS liner absorbs moisture and manages the temperature.
- There are an anti-scratching and anti-fogging function in the face shield.
- It has a unique retro style.
- Some users complained about noise distraction.
- This helmet may be difficult to put on and take off.
- It is tested by DOT to be a safe helmet.
- It has minimum weight.
- It has an aerodynamic exterior.
- The chin bar is composed of polycarbonate material.
- The face shield has a pin-lock system.
- It is sufficiently vented with great airflow inside the helmet.
- It has a tri-composite fiberglass shell.
- It has a tinted sun visor.
- It has a steel D-rings retention system.
M59L3 Motorcycle Helmet by Simpson is one of the trusted helmets by racing enthusiasts because of the reputation of the brand Simpson and the performance of this helmet. This brand not only manufactures helmets but also offers head and neck restraints, racing suits, gloves and shoes, off-road seats, and many more for a revolutionary experience for riders.
This helmet is an ultimate ideal for riders who want to buy a helmet for cruising and racing. This headgear meets and exceeds many safety standards and hence is considered to be the safest helmet out there. This helmet has a light weighted aerodynamic shell. This helmet is fully vented, having an advanced ventilation system with sufficient airflow inside the helmet to keep the temperature and humidity in control. It also has a tinted drop-down sun visor with a single button switch, which protects the eyes from harsh rays of sunshine.
The inner padding of this helmet has a soft padding that is removable and antibacterial. It has DOT safety standards certification. The exterior has a tri-composite fiberglass shell, and the chin bar is also composed of polycarbonate alloy material. The chin bar is easy to strap and unstrap. This helmet has a D-ring retention system. The face shield has a pin-lock system.
- The chin bar is easy to function.
- The sun visor is drop-down.
- The inner padding is soft and comfortable.
- This helmet is highly preferred by racers.
- The inner lining is antibacterial and hypoallergic.
- It is the best choice for cruising and racing.
- The visor may fog up.
- Some users may find difficulty with chin bar buckle.
Cruising is something that everyone should experience once in their lives, at least whether they’re bikers or not. And going on a motorcycle ride without a helmet is not in our dictionary; that is why we highly recommend you to wear your safety gear at all times.
In this article, we listed 10 of the best-looking cruiser helmets, and not to forget that they’re the coolest cruiser helmets out there too!
Now it is up to you, or you can say that it is your responsibility to choose the best cruiser helmet for yourself.