- What’s this New Trend in German Motorcycle Helmets?
- Top 10 Best German Motorcycle Helmets
- 10- Dull Black German Helmet by Daytona
- 9- German Motorcycle Helmet by Fuel Helmets
- 8- German Motorcycle Half Helmet by EXCELSIOR INT
- 7- Chopper German Motorcycle Helmet by Bikeraccess
- 6- Bell Rogue Motorcycle Helmet by BELL Store
- 5- Chrome German Motorcycle Helmet by EXCELSIOR INT
- 4- German motorcycle half helmet by HTTMT
- 3- Vintage style German Motorcycle Helmet by HANMEI
- 2- Big German Motorcycle Helmet by Daytona
- 1- Half German Motorcycle Helmet with goggles by Fatmingo
When you go to a market, what’s the first thing you see? Numbers, and sorts, of different products for you to choose, one, from. Right?
And that is why choosing a single ‘best’ thing can be a really hard decision to make. Choosing the best german motorcycle helmet is no different. There are different german style helmets that various brands manufacture, and it is safe to say that they all have decent features. So how can you decide on the single best German motorcycle helmet for yourself?
There is no need to worry because, in this article, we have listed the ten best german style motorcycle helmets to get to know about the features of different german helmets in one place.
On the other hand, while buying a helmet (of any sort or any purpose), there are some things to consider, which we have described in our complete buying guide.
What’s this New Trend in German Motorcycle Helmets?
Indeed this may sound kind of new, but German helmets are not a ‘new’ thing. These helmets are specifically famous because of their historical usage. As their name suggests, the German military used the German helmets during World War II. Military officials wore them for the protection of their heads in the battlegrounds. These helmets have now become a famous thing and a trend because of their vintage and aesthetic appearance. But as it is true that not everyone thinks the same, German helmets may not appeal to everyone’s eyes.
Why do bikers wear German-style helmets?
Riders prefer the German helmets because of their half helmet and low profile design. The “German helmets” category offers the best german style half helmets.
They’re versatile and fall into all three categories: open face helmet, half helmet, and low profile helmets.
If you want to know more about different types of helmets, you can check out our ultimate guide on types of helmets 2021.
Most mountain biking riders prefer open face and less coverage helmet, which German helmets can successfully provide.
Why should you choose German motorcycle helmets?
Everything aside, the most important question from you should be this! Why should you choose a German motorcycle Helmet? Why should you invest your time and money in this?
Because, of course, you’re not going to blindly go and buy one.
So, to answer your questions, we have put forward the reasons based on which you should buy a German helmet.
- The first thing to keep in mind is the size because if the sizing is not correct, everything could go into wastage. Getting an exact fit and measurement is important because it protects the head from impacts and provides comfort. The German helmets are low profiled, and most of them are available in a variety of different head shapes and sizes. Moreover, the retention system they have makes the fitting of the helmet far better.
- The second reason why this helmet should be your choice is its shape. Undoubtedly, German helmets are famous for their structure and shape; they possess an elegant and vintage shape that gives a low profile look.
- The third reason is durability. Although German helmets do not specifically feature great durability levels to protect the head, some of these helmets are DOT tested and approved, which proves that they are efficient in providing a safe ride.
- German motorcycle helmets are often famous because of their style. They have a classy vintage appearance. These helmets are best for a badass look.
- If you’re going to spend your money on a product, you might as well put your comfort as your priority, but no pressure, though. If you’re not comfortable in your helmet that has a ‘really cool look,’ well, then there is nothing cool about that anymore. No matter how cool and badass-looking these German helmets are, they provide their user best comfort and are preferred by many riders because of their comfortableness. They have high quality inner cushioning, which is composed of the moisture-absorbing lining.
- Moreover, most German helmets come with a set of goggles.
Top 10 Best German Motorcycle Helmets
Daytona brand is often known and famous for making their helmets with a customizable interior; this customization is proposed solely for providing extreme comfort to the riders. This helmet also has a comfortable and customizable interior. The inner padding functions best in order to absorb moisture and keep the head of the rider cool and sweat-free at all times and temperatures. This moisture absorbing inner lining makes this helmet demandable in the market.
This helmet has a low profile design, which offers a great cool look and does not interfere with ears. This helmet features a chin strap, which has a quick-release buckle. The buckle can be undone by just a single click of a button, making it easy to unstrap the helmet during unfortunate situations.
The chinstrap is positioned with the Y-Shaped straps on both sides of the head, which are adjustable for fitting the helmet, and it also doesn’t touch the face or cause any sort of distraction. This helmet comes with a bag to carry around the helmet, and a head wrap/bandanna. The dull black finish gives the helmet vintage and classy look. This helmet does not meet DOT safety standards, so it may not be the safest helmet to wear.
- The interior is soft and remains cool during hot days.
- This helmet comes with a bag and a head wrap.
- This helmet is one of the best in terms of a vintage look.
- The side straps of the chin guard do not cause distraction.
- It has a dull black classy finish.
- It is not DOT approved
- It doesn’t have a visor
German motorcycle by Fuel Helmets is a modern vintage style helmet that has a sleek and glossy look. This helmet has an attractive exterior that appeals to the eyes of buyers. It is a half helmet and has a low profile design, which doesn’t make the head of the rider look mushroom shaped like other half helmets.
It is tested by DOT and is approved to be a safe helmet. The inner padding is soft and comfortable as well as washable. The retention system also has padding, which provides comfort. The retention system keeps the helmet intact and provides a good fit through its adjustability.
The ears of the rider are not pushed. The shell of this helmet is light weighted. There is a soft and mesh layer of padding present on the forehead part of the helmet, which dries the sweat, absorbs moisture, and makes it easy to breathe. The print or paint on the helmet doesn’t come off easily. It has a little beak-style visor on the front. It is available in two different designs/colors.
- It has soft padding on the forehead.
- Inner padding absorbs moisture.
- It is available in two designs.
- The paint of this helmet doesn’t wash or comes off.
- The adjustable retention system provides a good fit.
- This helmet remains intact on the head of the rider.
- Few buyers complained about the rubber coming off its sides.
- The low profile feature may not work for everyone.
This half helmet is a German-style helmet manufactured by EXCELSIOR INT brand. This brand is famous for making reasonable and long-lasting helmets. Although DOT does not approve of this helmet, this helmet still has a durable outer shell. It is light weighted. The interior of this helmet is custom-made, allowing the helmet to be extremely comfortable for the rider. The inner lining is soft and doesn’t feel too stuffed; it is also washable.
The inner lining also has a special fabric, which makes it highly absorbent. This helmet has a retention system that features y-shaped straps on the sides of the head. The retention system does not interfere with ears or cause any disruption of sound.
This helmet is a novelty helmet, but it is not DOT approved. This helmet is a good choice for those who want to buy a helmet for cruiser biking. This should be kept in mind that this helmet may not be a good option in terms of safety. It has a sleek design. This helmet has received several good reviews from people across the globe.
- The retention system doesn’t interfere with ears.
- It has an adjustable chin strap.
- The inner padding is washable.
- It has an attractive and sleek look.
- The interior of the helmet remains cool at most times.
- This helmet is not approved to be a safe one.
- It is made from strong fiberglass.
- It has an adjustable chin strap.
- It has a low profile look.
- The interior remains cool during rides.
- Chinstraps make it easy to fit the head.
- It doesn’t cause a problem with breathing for the rider.
The motorcycle helmet by the Bikeraccess is quite a famous German helmet; the low profile it has gives it a really nice look. Although it might look heavy and uncomfortable(it is not), it is made to provide maximum comfort as well as protection to the rider. This German helmet’s shell is composed of fiberglass, which makes the quality of the helmet far better than those helmets whose shells are constructed from a plastic material.
The fiberglass shell helps to ensure the protection of the rider and the durability of the helmet. This helmet has an adjustable chin strap installed in it with Y-Shaped straps that fall on the sides of the face. The chinstrap has a really strong buckle and helps in keeping the helmet intact on the head of the rider; it also allows the rider to adjust the helmet on their head easily.
The chinstrap also has soft padding, which provides comfort during rides. The interior is soft and comfortable. It doesn’t have too much cushioning, so the rider doesn’t feel uncomfortable. The interior remains cool, so it is ideal for long rides. German Helmets are famous for their vintage aesthetic look, and this helmet provides the best vintage look.
- It is light weighted.
- Fiberglass makes it better than other helmets.
- The inner padding is not too thick and stuff.
- Buckle or chinstrap is easily adjustable.
- It is not DOT certified.
- It gets scratch marks on the surface easily.
The Bell Rogue Motorcycle Helmet is one of those helmet that fairly falls into the category of vintage style German helmets. It has a modern vintage style, which is inspired by helmets worn by the military in World War II.
This helmet often appeals to the eyes of the buyers because of its exterior. This helmet’s outer shell is durable and strong, which means that it provides safety from sudden impacts. This helmet has an adjustable protruded muzzle shaped structure that protects the lower part of the face. This durable helmet is DOT safety standards approved. It has a FidLock magnetic retention system, which makes it easier to do and undo the chinstrap.
The interior has high quality and soft leather finish, making the helmet ‘comfortable to wear.’ The interior is washable. This helmet also features a pocket which the rider can use to keep his communication devices. It is a lightweight helmet, and its outer shell is composed of various materials to make it durable.
- It has an aesthetic vintage style.
- The interior is removable as well as washable.
- There are pockets in this helmet.
- It has an adjustable quick release chinstrap.
- This helmet is a safe choice during bumpy rides.
- It does not come in many head sizes.
The chrome german motorcycle helmet by EXCELSIOR INT is often referred to as a skull cap; this may be because of the structure of this helmet. This helmet is a low profile half helmet which fits the head like a cap. The outer shell of this helmet is composed of fiberglass, which makes this helmet more demandable than the helmets, which have plastic material in their shells. This helmet has a retention system that features a quick-release chinstrap; this allows the rider to easily unstrap the helmet when caught in an unfortunate situation.
The interior is lined with high-quality padding. The inner padding is soft, which makes it comfortable to wear for long rides. The inner liner is removable as well as washable, so it will not always remain smelly due to sweating. This helmet is reasonable and has a great cool look. This helmet is a novelty item. Before buying this helmet, this should be kept in mind that this is not approved to be safe by DOT.
- The retention system doesn’t cause interference with ears.
- The inner padding is soft and comfortable.
- It has a classy appearance.
- Many people seemed to be satisfied with the purchase.
- This helmet may not be the safest to wear.
- This helmet has DOT safety standards approval.
- The shell is light weighted.
- The shell has a finish providing UV protection.
- The interior has soft padding.
- This helmet also has two steel d-rings.
- It comes with a single set of goggles.
- The glass of the goggles has an anti-scratch function.
Half motorcycle helmet by HTTMT, model: MT506-002, is one of those helmets that comes with goggles. The outer shell of this helmet has an ultraviolet protection finish, which means that the color of this helmet doesn’t change because of harsh sunlight. The outer shell is also light weighted and is made to be durable. The interior has soft cushioning, which makes it comfortable to wear. The inner liner has leather material.
The inner liner also absorbs moisture and keeps the inner part of the helmet cool. This helmet also has two D-ring with the chinstrap. It is also approved by DOT to be a safe headgear. This helmet is a good option for those who are planning to buy a helmet for touring, scooters, or cruisers. The goggles that come with this helmet have soft, thin padding and an adjustable headband. The glass on the goggles is scratch resistant. This helmet is available in a wide range of head sizes.
- The inner liner is soft and washable.
- It has a wide range of sizes available.
- This helmet is a good option for scooters, cruisers, etc.
- The goggles are also lightweight.
- It has a cool appearance.
- Goggles are only available in one size.
- Some people claimed that this helmet is not safe to wear.
- It is DOT certified.
- It has an ear muffle.
- The inner liner is soft.
- The interior is composed of high-quality fabric.
- It has an adjustable retention system.
- Chinstrap has a one-touch buckle.
- It is light weighted.
- This helmet has an ABS shell.
The vintage styles motorcycle helmet by HANMEI is a retro half helmet that also comes with a set of goggles. It has a detachable four seasoned ear muffle. The interior is lined with soft padding. Inner padding, as well as ear, muffle are both composed of high-quality fabric. The retention system has an adjustable chin strap. Chinstrap has a single touch buckle detaching system.
This helmet has DOT safety standards certification. It is light weighted. The exterior of this helmet is nice, and the shell is made from ABS material. Many buyers praised this helmet for being a reasonable product. The interior remains cool during hot days. Goggles can help protect eyes from harsh sunlight, but most buyers claimed that a helmet doesn’t give that much of a benefit. It comes in a pack with goggles and ear muffle. Few people reviewed this helmet to be a good fit for them.
- Ear muffle also has a soft padding.
- It comes with a set of goggles.
- The inner padding is comfortable.
- This helmet is a good choice for cruisers.
- Its vintage retro style attracts its buyers.
- The size of the helmet may not be the same as mentioned on the sizing chart.
- Goggles are not of great quality.
The big German motorcycle helmet by Daytona brand is one of those helmets that will come up on top when someone searches about vintage style german helmets, and this might be because of their decent vintage look. This helmet is a low profile helmet– sits close to the head while also giving a comfortable fit. If the size of the helmet is correct for the head of the rider, the helmet will not wobble or shake during rides. The interior is constructed with a special design that ensures good comfort and improves the fitting.
This helmet has nylon Y-Shaped straps that guard the chin part and works as a retention system; this retention system is adjustable and has a quick-release function. The straps, although they fall on the side of the head (near the ears of the rider), it does not cause a distraction by scratching or touching against the ears and other parts of the face. The quick-release function of the chinstrap makes it easy to take off the helmet immediately during unfortunate events. The inner padding has a moisture absorbing function, which helps in keeping the interior cool and moisture-free at most times. In addition, to all of the things mentioned above, this helmet also has a crossroad iron wing on the sides, making it more aesthetic and appealing to the eyes.
- This helmet doesn’t shake or wobbly during rides.
- The interior is comfortable and stays cool during warm days.
- The retention system doesn’t cause any facial chafing.
- It has iron wings on the side, which gives a cool look.
- The exterior is glossy.
- It is not DOT approved.
- It doesn’t feature a front visor.
- The outer shell is made of ABS material.
- The inner lining absorbs external pressure.
- The interior remains cool.
- It has an adjustable chin strap.
- The chinstrap has a soft padding.
German-style helmet by fatmingo is a half helmet that comes with a separate set of goggles. This helmet may not be approved by DOT to be the safest, but it has proven itself to be capable of providing sufficient protection. The outer shell of this helmet is made from high-quality ABS material, which makes it highly durable and strong against external impacts.
The inner part of the helmet has a lining made of foam, which not only makes the interior feel comfortable but also absorbs pressure caused due to any sudden action or accident. The ABS shell and inner lining keep the head completely protected. Many people claimed that the interior is really comfortable and doesn’t feel pushy while riding; this may be because of the special fabric used in the inner lining, which keeps it breathable, sweat-free, and cool.
This helmet also has a chin strap, which is adjustable, hence makes it easy to fit on the rider’s head. The chinstrap has soft padding too, and its buckle is easy to do and undo. The most unique and distinctive feature of this helmet is its removable ear muffle. The goggles that come with this helmet gives a cool and classy look. It is also available in various graphics and prints.
- The buckle on the chinstrap is easy-to-use.
- The inner padding is comfortable and remains sweat-free.
- It has a detachable ear muffle.
- It has a cool and aesthetic, low profile look.
- It is available in different designs.
- The goggles can only be used for a cool look and nothing else.
In this article, we’ve informed you about why you should or shouldn’t buy a German-style motorcycle helmet; now, the further choice is solely yours. It is critical to say that many of the Helmets mentioned above are not DOT certified, so before buying a helmet, make sure that you’re satisfied with the amount of protection it provides because the safety of your own self should never be put at risk.
If you prefer low profile helmets and are not satisfied by this guide, you can check out our product review of the ten best low profile helmets 2021.